st: Graphics problem Stata 8

From   "Sean O'Riordan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphics problem Stata 8
Date   Sun, 18 Sep 2005 15:37:23 +0100

I hope someone will be able to help with an issue of presentation rather
than content.

I'm trying to get Stata to display category axes in the same way as x axes
when producing a panel of graphs with by().  The x axes on the upper graphs
are not usually labelled for 2 way graphs, but are persistently labelled for
oneway graphs (in my case a box plot of log parasitaemia over(agegroup),
by(ethnicgroup)).  I can't find any options to change this behaviour, other
than removing the labels altogether, which is similarly undesirable, as when
I've tried to do this and add my own axis labels as a text box it's
impossible to get the formatting right. I've dug down into styles, to see if
there was anything I could change, and read and reread the graphics manual,
but can't seem to find a way to do this.

Am I missing something?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Sean