Re: st: xtreg

From   Seb Buechte <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtreg
Date   Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:01:00 +0200

Catia,

you could do an tab country, to see how many observations per country
you have. Maybe that in some groups missing values spoil your effort.
So you could do:

//you should replace v1,v2,.. with the variables you used with the xtreg command
egen nmiss=rowmiss(v1 v2 v3)

tab country if nmiss==0

will yield to you the number of observations per country where all
relevant variables (in this case v1 v2 v3) contain non-missing data.

Kind regards,
sebastian

On 9/15/05, catia nicodemo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I use the command xtreg but I have a problem when I
> use the comand by country: xtreg,,,,,
> make an error: insufficient observation, but if do the
> sum of my var. I have observation.
> Can help me please.
>   thanks in advance
>
> CATIA NICODEMO