st: cluster analysis

From   "Ping Zheng" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: cluster analysis
Date   Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:03:15 +0100

Dear all

We are conducting inward FDI locational determinants by using a panel
data set with 28 home countries. Because different home countries
characteristics, we'd like to try a cluster analysis to cluster the home
countries into different groups naturally by Stata to see whether we
could get significant different results among the different groups. My
questions: 1. What the commands are for this case to cluster the
countries into several rational groups automatically (randomly)? 2. what
are the commands for regressing the different groups obtained from
clustering by using OLS and Random Effects GLS?

Many thanks for your help
Ping