st: Survey related questions

From   Thamana Lekprichakul <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Survey related questions
Date   Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:42:03 -1000

Dear all,

i have two questions and one is a statistical problem and the other is
a stata problem.  i hope someone can give an answer or point me to a
literature that will help answer my questions.

The first question is about calculating a mean and its variance of a
series of complexed survey over time.  The data are not panel.  the
goal is to calculate average values of variables of interest and their
confidence interval.  What is the best to go about doing this?

the second question is more for the Stata staff.  i noticed that the
svy: tab command in version 9.0 takes significantly much longer time
to present results.  why does Stata 9.0 regress in term of speed in
this particular routine?  how can i speed up estimation process in
svy: tab.

your help and guidance will be much appreciated.

/Thamana
U. of Hawaii at Manoa