Re: st: xtlsdvc, initial(my)

From   "V. Sarafidis" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtlsdvc, initial(my)
Date   07 Sep 2005 17:27:55 +0100

I think the answer is that you don't need the estimate of the error variance. Only your initial vector of estimates (your estimate of the LDV coefficient needs to be firstfirst).

The reason it says
"the number of columns of my must be equal to the number of
right-hand variables plus one"

is because when you run xtlsdvc you do not put the lagged dependent variable in the model (so you type xtlsdvc y x , i(my) ). Therefore, you have 5 - say - regressors in your file plus the lagged dependent variable which the command xtlsdvc will create by itself.

I hope this helps

Vasilis