st: New Mata function on SSC: -ipolate()-

From   "Jann Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: New Mata function on SSC: -ipolate()-
Date   Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:25:38 +0200

Thanks to Kit Baum, a new Mata function called
-ipolate()- is available from SSC.

-ipolate()- does linear interpolation. Results are
equivalent to those optained by Stata's -ipolate-
command (without the -epolate- option).

To install the function, type

 . ssc install mf_ipolate

Then, to view the help file, type

 . help mata ipolate()

or

 . help mf_ipolate

There has been a discussion today on statalist about
-ipolate- averaging multiple data values. The new
Mata function -ipolate()- also applies averaging.

I stumbled over the averaging issue while bug testing.
I my original application there are, in fact, only
single data values for the grid points.

ben