Re: st: Analysis of longitudinal data from medical records

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Analysis of longitudinal data from medical records
Date   Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:44:21 -0500

There is no simple approach to medication issues in medical records in observational studies. Treatment data are often left and right censored, altered by dose adjustment and concomitant medications. Much depends on the goals of the analysis, the assumptions you are making, and the quality and amount of data. Standard data principles apply and you have to take it a step at a time. Mixed models do not alter these other concerns.

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases