st: how to respond to a posting when using statalist digest

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to respond to a posting when using statalist digest
Date   Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:53:27 -0500

Hello,

My apologies for a basic question, especially if I overlooked the answer.
I checked the statalist FAQs and searched the archives and couldn't find
the answer.

I receive the statalist digest.   How do I respond to a posting?  If I
return the email with history, the list server may receive a long list of
questions from that day.  If I don't include the history, then the thread
may be lost.  I could respond directly to the poster, but my understanding
is to keep the responses in the community.

When I go through the stata.com listing of statalist, and find the thread,
I can't find a way to return the posting.

Thanks,
Richard