Re: st: outreg addstats

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: outreg addstats
Date   Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:48:20 +0100

If you had tried to use -estout- with your Stata 8 you would've noticed that the newest version is not necessary for it to work.

Rafa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joana Quina" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: st: outreg addstats

Do you need Stata 9 to use estout? I made a quick search on stata.com
and found http://www.stata.com/meeting/11uk/abstracts.html. On the
readme file it says Stata 9 is required. Unfortunately, I only have
Stata 8.

Thanks,
Joana

On 28/07/05, Kit Baum <[email protected]> wrote:
Guillermo asks

I am running (many) regressions and have calculated several Wald test in
each of them. I would like to add the results of these tests to my
tables
produced using the outreg command, option addstat. In the original
program
(outreg.ado) there is a limit of 9 statistics to add. Using the
suggestion
from http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-02/msg00597.html I
change a
little the program outreg.ado so that limit increased 10. Do you know
any
procedure to increase this limit?

As is often counseled on this list, outreg is not being supported. You
should switch to estout (findit estout) as it provides much greater
flexibility, and its author is very responsive to any reports of
concerns.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html