Antwort: st: why is a category being dropped by Stata?

From   "Hans J. Baumgartner" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Antwort: st: why is a category being dropped by Stata?
Date   Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:47:14 +0200

Hi Suzy,

the xi indcatvargenerates dummies for each category. Since you did not use
the nocons option, one dummy has to be dropped. Otherwise the dummies were
perfectly collinear with the constant, since they add up to unity. So
everything is correct and the coefficient on _I_indcatvar should be
interpreted relative to the dummy-base.

Hans