st: Sample selection with a Tobit selection equation

From   "Steve Lin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sample selection with a Tobit selection equation
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2005 18:09:10 -0400

Dear Statalist,

It seems to me that there is no equivalent of the "heckman" command for
a sample selection problem in which the model for the selection equation
is Tobit, rather than Probit.   Is that correct?

I would like to estimate such a model, and I know that I can do it
manually using Stata (i.e. by (1) using Stata's MLE capabilities or (2)
by estimating the selection and primary equations in 2 steps, with the
appropriate corrections for sample selection).

But if there is an equivalent of the "heckman" command that will do the
2-step procedure automatically (particularly the correction of the
standard errors of the primary equation estimates), then naturally that
would be preferable.

I've searched the Stata documentation, and I don't see a command or an
option for "heckman" that would do the trick.

Thanks!

Steve