Re: st: xtabond problem

From   Rashmi Shankar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtabond problem
Date   Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:56:09 -0400

I use regular stata it doesn't work either.

Rashmi

Quoting "V. Sarafidis" <[email protected]>:

> I suspect the problem is that you've got the se edition. Try using another
> one, I am running xtabond or xtabond2 with 60,000 rows and I don't have any
> problems.
>
> Vasilis
>

> On Jul 1 2005, Rashmi Shankar wrote:
>
> > Hi, all: I use stata se and have set matsize to 1000. I'm running
> > xtabond with 6832 rows of quarterly data. Stata just goes into a coma
> > when I try or I get an error message that says no room to add more
> > observations.
> >
> > Is this going to be impossible to do, or is this likely to be a technical
> > hitch?
> >
> > I'm trying to run the following command
> > >
> > > xtabond bp_level l(0/1). unwtdmeanbplevel l(0/2).(lnpetrol lnusimp),
> > > lags(2)
> > > robust
> > >
> > > no output shows up on the screen and I get the message that stata is
> > > busy. I have 6832 rows of data. When I run the samples using the manual
> > > datasets I get the correct output but the example only has 700 rows of
> > > data.
> > >

> > > Rashmi
> > > *
> > > *   For searches and help try:
> > > *   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
> > > *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
> > > *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
> > >

> --
> If I could get my membership fee back, I'd resign from the human race.
> Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)

Rashmi Shankar
Asst. Professor, Department of Economics,
Brandeis International Business School
Brandeis University,
415 South Street,
Waltham, MA 02454