RE: st: RE: Substring extraction based on punctuation

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Substring extraction based on punctuation
Date   Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:56:22 +0100

-tokenize- is indeed a good low-level tool.

As your problem involves several variables,
-split- would presumably save you some programming:
with -tokenize- I think you would need to
loop over observations as well as variables
to do what you want.

Michael S. Hanson