Re: st: Distributing Mata .mlib libraries from user sites

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Distributing Mata .mlib libraries from user sites
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:11:09 +0100

Thanks to Bill for his prompt reply to my query, and thanks in advance to all at StataCorp for fixing the problem in a future update. (And thanks again for Mata.)

Best wishes

Roger

At 21:52 28/06/2005, Bill wrote:

Roger Newson <[email protected]> asked about distributing user-written
Mata libraries, and in particular, about the -mata mlib index-
command, his question being

> However, if I distribute a .mlib library as part of one of my Stata packages
> (on SSC or on my website). and a user downloads the package and wants to use
> it immediately, then does the user have to actively type -mata mlib index-

I wanted to say no, the user does not have to do this, but I just checked
the code, and the answer is "Yes, the user must" because we forgot to set an
internal flag after -update- and after -net install-. I have listed this as a
bug.

Hence, right now, a user must type -mata mata mlib index- after after loading
a new .mlib library, or they must exit and restart Stata. The problem is
only with the session during which the new library was loaded. In all future
sessions, the indexing takes care of itself, and we will get the
current-session indexing fixed.

-- Bill

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Department of Public Health Sciences
Division of Asthma, Allergy and Lung Biology
King's College London

5th Floor, Capital House
42 Weston Street
London SE1 3QD
United Kingdom

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
  or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://phs.kcl.ac.uk/rogernewson/

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.