Re: st: Stata 8.2/SE: Windowing

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 8.2/SE: Windowing
Date   Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:44:12 -0400

In Windows, at least, there is a way to do this, but it is ugly and potentially dangerous.

That said, Stata 8.x stored its windowing preferences in the registry. So you can set the first set of preferences up, then run the windows program -regedit- to export the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stata\Stata8.0] registry tree into, say "pref1.reg"; then set up the second set, then use -regedit- to export that tree again, into, say, "pref2.reg".

Then you can double-click on pref1.reg or pref2.reg to set the first or second set of preferences, then start Stata.

(As always, be sure you know what you are doing, and back up your registry, before you start messing with it. If you kill your system, don't blame me!)

--Nick Winter