Re: st: Saving results to csv

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Saving results to csv
Date   Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:26:38 +0100

At 17:00 27/06/2005, Mathew wrote:

Is there an add-in that will write the table of results for the previous
estimation/table etc to a csv or tab-demilinited file?

It is sometimes quicker to manipulate a few numbers in Excel, but I find
copying and pasting, or reading in log files doesn't always produce
consistent results.
There are multiple sets of add-ons to do this. Two possible approaches are the resultssets approach and the resultsspreadsheets approach. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

The resultsspreadsheet approach is used by Benn Jann's -estout- package, downloadable from SSC, which can be found by typing

findit estout

or

ssc desc estout

in Stata. The resultsset approach is used by my -listtex- package, which is typically used with several other packages such as -parmest-, -xcontract- and/or -xcollapse-, also downloadable from SSC. It is summarized in several documents, which can be found in Stata by typing

findit resultsset

and/or

findit enduser

I hope this helps.

Roger

--
Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

5th Floor, Capital House
42 Weston Street
London SE1 3QD
United Kingdom

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://phs.kcl.ac.uk/rogernewson/

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/