Re: st: -estimates store- limit

From   Chris Ruebeck <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -estimates store- limit
Date   Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:38:24 -0400

On Jun 22, 2005, at 3:54 AM, Jann, Ben wrote:
Chris Ruebeck asked:
I would be happy if -estimates store- wasn't limited to 20 sets...
... A work-around would be to merge groups of models into "multiple-equation" models (note that this is quite tricky) ...
I agree and instead wrote a wrapper for -estimates store- that increments a global variable, triggering -estout- once there are 20 sets of estimation results. An alternative to the global variable approach is to use -estimates dir- because it places a list of the stored sets of results in r(names).

In my opinion, a better strategy would be to ask Stata Corp. to change the 20 stored estimates limit. ...
Can we now consider Stata Corp. asked?

Chris