RE: st: how can i get the list of ado-files in base and update folder?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: how can i get the list of ado-files in base and update folder?
Date   Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:26:29 +0100

You are not following Richard Williams' recommendation here,
so it is not surprising that it didn't work for you.

dir /s

is not a Stata command, but a command to the operating
system. To run the command, you need to work within
a shell, e.g.

. !     <change to OS prompt>

dir /s c:\stata8\ado\*.ado

exit <return to Stata>

Two different problems are

1. Your files appear to be somewhere else.

. adopath

may help here.

2. A mere list of filenames is not very informative.
It will include many files that Stata uses, but that
you won't ever do.

Dan Richard