st: Specification for a 1/0 variable with consecutive non-missing observations

From   Alejandro Delafuente <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Specification for a 1/0 variable with consecutive non-missing observations
Date   Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:22:31 +0100 (BST)

Hi statalisters,
I have a time series for 40 years (40 continuos variables) and am trying to
create a 1/0 variable that indicates 1 (for each row) if at least 20 variables
in the series have consecutive non-missing values and 0 if this condition is
not accomplished. I do have more than 20 non-missing values for most of the
variables per row, but there are gaps (ie, missing values) between them. Thus I
want to know how many fulfill the condition of 20 non-missing values in a road.
Any clues as to how can I accomplish this with programming?