Re: st: New version of -descsave- on SSC

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New version of -descsave- on SSC
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:53:47 +0100

For my packages, I get around this problem by having multiple folders on my website, named -stata5-, -stata6-, -stata7- and -stata8-, each of which contains the appropriate versions of my packages, under their original names. This is done to make life a little less difficult for impoverished Stata 6 users, who should be able to upgrade to Stata 9 (as we want them to do) as soon as they can get the money together, without rewriting any old do-files. Unfortunately, they do have to actively re-install the packages after upgrading, if they want the new versions. Fortunately, thanks to Kit Baum, the up-to-the-minute version of any of my packages is normally the one on SSC. This is the best solution I can think of. (Maybe StataCorp will someday think of a better one?)

Roger