st: re: suest

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: suest
Date   Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:53:37 -0400

Alexander wrote

I am using Stata 8.2, up to date.

When I try to reproduce this (using the exact same do file), I get an error
message on the next-to-last line:

---- begin output ----

[...]

. predict double iveps, res

. est store iv

. est change iv, scorevars(ivsc)

. suest iv
score variables for model iv no longer exist in the data
r(198);

end of do-file
r(198);

---- end output ----

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know what might be going on here. The do-file I posted in my prior message runs in Stata/SE 8.2 (not that SE should make any difference), whether you use -ivreg2- or -ivreg-. Actually one possibility might be that your -ivreg2- is out of date (the pscore option was added at some point). Suggest you try using -ivreg- in my do-file and see what you get.

My Stata is showing

. which estimates
/Applications/Stata/ado/updates/e/estimates.ado
*! version 1.0.9 10dec2004

. which suest
/Applications/Stata/ado/updates/s/suest.ado
*! version 2.0.8 25mar2003

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*