st: Re: Confidence Interval Graph

From   "Paolo Grillo, MD" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Confidence Interval Graph
Date   Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:17:11 +0200

Dear All,
how can I build a Graph with a thick point for a value and two lines (one above and one below) for confidence interval?
I thought that "twoway rcap" is useful for me, but I am not able to put the point in the middle of the range.
In my dataset I have four columns.
1) Gene
2) OR for the correspondin gene (It's a case-control study)
3) Lower bound CI 95%
4) Upper bound CI 95%
So I would like to have a graphs with one vertical line (with a central thich point) that indicates both the OR and the corresponding CI limits for each gene.
Thank You in advance
Paolo

Paolo Grillo MD
Nephrologist Statisticians
EPOCA Research Center for Occupational, Clinical & Environmental Epidemiology
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health "Clinica L. Devoto"
University of Milan
Via San Barnaba 8
20122 Milano - ITALY
Tel: +39 02 503-20148