st: interaction in an ordered probit model

From   Grace Lee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: interaction in an ordered probit model
Date   Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:27:40 -0400

Hi everyone:

I am wondering how I can interpret an interaction term in an ordered
probit model. I understand that the signs (directions) of the marginal
effects of the regressors in an ordered probit model depend on the
categories of the dependent variables. So in order to assess the
impact of an independent variable, I need to calculate the marginal
effect of the independent variable for each category.
But I am just wondering how I should estimate the impact of an
interaction term in an ordered probit. Or does it make sense to
estimate an ordered probit model with an interaction term? Would
Stata's "prchange" command help me assess and interactive effect?

Sincerely,
Grace