Re: st: mhodds question

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mhodds question
Date   Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:25:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- Igor Schein <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make sense out of the following
> output.
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Odds ratio is less than 1 and 95% confidence
> interval contains
> one.  P value of 0.4031 also indicates insignificant
> results.  What
> would you recommend me to do in such situation to be
> able to still
> draw some meaningful conclusions?

The conclusion is that there is no significant
association between gbrfed2 and your outcome variable
once you control for moslbir2.

> 2) Can I draw any conclusions on measure of dose
> response here, or do
> I need to use tabodds separately for that?

You will get to the same conclusion using -tabodds-,
i.e. There is no significant trend. Note that the test
of homogeneity of ORs yield P=0.4031, meaning that
there there is no statistical differences across the
OR.

Regards,
Ricardo.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile