st: Re: Instruments for 2SLS

From   "shyamalshyamalshyamal" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Instruments for 2SLS
Date   Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:46:53 -0000

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the frank opinion. However,
I would apologize for misunderstanding. I tried to explore possible
alternatives in creating instruments. I guess I have some idea about
2SLS which leads me asking the question, but I am new in STATA.

I thought the statalistserve helps new people. I am new in using
this software. However, i would try to follow your suggestion. The
querries I made was perhaps too short cut, but that might help me in
using the package. The logic of instrumentation is perhaps clear to
me; of course, from text books...
Thanks and regards,
Shyamal

--- In [email protected], David Greenberg <dg4@n...> wrote:
> Someone who is new to a topic would do better to read some basic
> econometrics texts dealing with this issue rather than try to
solicit
> short answers from list members who do not know anything about the
> substance of your research. Textbooks will give you the
understanding
> that will enable you to answer your questions for yourself. David
> Greenberg, Sociology Department, New York University

work as