st: RE: Longitudinal analysis by hour

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Longitudinal analysis by hour
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:15:05 +0100

You can do this in Stata 8, and in some
earlier versions. You just need to
-tsset- using your hour variable, so
long as you literally have measurements
once per hour.

I don't know about the "always" bit here.
I can't see that hourly data would be especially
problematic, or even problematic. It is just that
there is no specific support e.g. for hourly formats.
But more importantly there is no prohibition
either.

Steven A. Harvey, MHS, PhD(c) (modulo mailjunk)

Does anyone know if Stata 9 will provide for longitudinal
analysis by hour?  In the release announcement, I've only
seen discussion of "day" (24 hours) as the minimum time
interval.  I've posted to this list before asking about Stata's
ability to process hours and the basic answer has always been
--very limited & very difficult.  Has this been addressed in version 9?