Re: st: Panel ID and Time Variable

From   "shyamalshyamalshyamal" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Panel ID and Time Variable
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:12:10 -0000

Hi Jyotsna:
Thanks for your help, but i am confused, b/c if I run "collapse", the
whole dataset gives me only one value for all variables. Looks like
these are means. could you kindly give me the steps to follow?

Let me give you the data format ( hypothetical):

waves   countries  var 1
1981     Fance      5
1981     France     7
1981     France     10
1981     England    15
1981     England    25
1990     France     15
1990     France     20
1990     England    30

(and so on....)

The data are individual level.

Please enlighten me further if you can.

Shyamal

--- In [email protected], "jyotsna puri" <pjyotsna@h...>
wrote:
> Shyamal,
> You wouldnt have to re-enter your data to use
> averages across nations, as your observational units.
> You could just use -collapse- and then do your panel
> estimation.
>
> HTH.
> -Jyotsna
>

> Jyotsna (Jo) Puri
> pjyotsna@h...
> Doctoral Candidate, Department of Agriculture and Resource
Economics,