Re: st: Conversion of SPSS to Stata

From   SR Millis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Conversion of SPSS to Stata
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

Scott,

SPSS will allow you to save your data set as an ASCII
tab-delimited .dat file or as an Excel file --which
can be imported in Stata.

SR Millis

--- "Scott A. Adler" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a few SPSS files that I would like to
> transfer to Stata.  For just a
> few files it is not cost effective to purchase
> Stat/Transfer.  Because once
> these files are transferred, I would not use the
> Stat/Transfer applications
> again.
>
> Is there an inexpensive way to transfer the files?
>
> Scott

> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html

Scott R Millis, PhD, MEd, ABPP (CN & RP)
Director of Research - Dept of PM&R
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Rehabilitation Institute of Medicine
261 Mack Blvd
Detroit, MI  48201

Tel:   313-745-3102
Fax:  313-745-9854

This electronic message may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity named as recipients in the message. If you are
not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer. Do not deliver,
distribute or copy this message, and do not disclose its contents or
take any action in reliance on the information it contains. Thank you.