st: re: eps in PDF: correctiion

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: eps in PDF: correctiion
Date   Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:44:49 -0500

Erik_S=F8rensen?= wrote

It would be interesting to see an example of how this works.
The Stata Journal website says: " For compatibility=20
with sjlatex and TeXShop, you must enable the=20
Typeset -> TeX and Ghostscript mode." Yet you claim that=20
this is not neccessary and that pdflatex works directly with eps=20
figures if epsfig is invoked.=20

Erik is correct. What I was missing was that TeXShop is switching to Typeset->TeX and Ghostscript when I am typesetting a document that includes \epsfig calls. The direct call to pdftex (pdflatex) will work when PDFs are included, but not when eps are included, in TeXShop.

However my prior comment re B&W vs color stands: there is no problem including color eps files via that method.

Erik, please set your mailer to prevent winmail.dat from cluttering up the list. You may not see it, but we do. (Someone with a URL of homepage.mac.com is sending mail from Windows?!? My condolences!)

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics ([email protected])
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*