st: 64 bit MACs and addressable RAM

From   Jon Eckhardt <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: 64 bit MACs and addressable RAM
Date   Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:39:15 -0600

Greetings,

Processing time would be greatly enhanced for me in STATA if I could address appox. 6 gig of RAM. It is my understanding that in general this exceeds the addressable space of 32 bit machines, and hence a 64 bit machine may be in order.

Has anyone had experience running STATA on 64 bit Macintosh Power PC machines? If yes, can you tell me the max RAM you have been able to allocate via the set memory command?

If you recommend other platforms, such as LINUX, I would appreciate your thoughts on that as well.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Eckhardt, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor