RE: st: Encrypting and decrypting a field

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Encrypting and decrypting a field
Date   Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:21:38 +0100

Here is what may be a very naive answer.

I wouldn't want people to give me data that
were sensitive if they didn't trust me, or
the security of the systems I work on. And
I certainly can't vouch that the latter are
hacker-proof.

Why isn't the onus on the data supplier to
do the encrypting themselves?

Joseph Coveney