Re: st: truncate list

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: truncate list
Date   Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:52:58 EST

I believe that you can also use the  three backslash method when you
are using version 8 and up programs. I used  it in a ML program yesterday
when defining
a long log-likelihood function.  However, it will likely not work for
programs that indicate a lower version. Use  like:

global set <blah blah>  .........     ///
<blah blah>  .....................     ///
<blah> ...
tempvar blah blah and on with the rest of the  program.

Joe Hilbe

============================
Hello  Maria,

You can do several things to make you command continue over  several lines.
Here are two:

a) use comments to connect the  lines:
global set2 "statetotgps99 statetotpsychs99 /*
*/   clin_psychol mh_sa_socwrk /*
*/     sa_mh_cnslrs"

b) assign a delimit character
#delimit ;
global set2  "statetotgps99 statetotpsychs99
clin_psychol mh_sa_socwrk
sa_mh_cnslrs";
#delimit cr

- Paul  Millar