st: Plotting graph for a quadratic regression model

From   Luigi Curini <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Plotting graph for a quadratic regression model
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:35:13 +0100

Dear all,

I have a question about the graph options of Stata. I have a quadratic
regression model, and I want to graphs the estimated regression functions
relating the DV and the IV of my interest for the quadratic specification,
along with a scatterplot of the data. In other words, my graph should show
the predicted value of the DV as a funcion of the IV of interest, holding
fixed other values of the IV in the regression at their sample averages.
Using a normal mathematical software (I'm using MAPLE) I'm able to plot my
quadratic curve, but I'm not able to superimpose into the graph the points
of all my observations. Is it possible to get this graph using STATA8?

I'd be really greatful for any help,
Best regards,
Luigi Curini

Dr. Luigi Curini
Universit� degli Studi di Milano
Facolt� di Scienze Politiche
Dipartimento di Studi Sociali e Politici
Via Conservatorio, 7
I - 20122 Milano
Tel. +39 02 50318831
Fax  +39 02 50318840