st: odds ratios in ordered logit models

From   "Zhu, Carolyn" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: odds ratios in ordered logit models
Date   Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:15:53 -0500

Title: statalist-digest V4 #1920

Hi,

Would any one tell me after estimating ordered logit models in which the proportional odds assumptions are pretty much satisfied, should I still compute the marginal effects? Is there a general rule on the number of categories the dependent variables can take on?

Thanks,

Carolyn