Re: st: how to avoid absolute path names in do-files?

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to avoid absolute path names in do-files?
Date   Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:44:30 -0500

My fastcd package (available from SSC) might help out here. It includes a program called "c", that lets you define a series of shortcut names and associated directories, and then change to the associated directory by invoking the shortcut.

In my .do files, I often begin with a command like

. c apsa05

which changes to the directory for the "apsa05" project. The nice thing is that if the apsa05 project is moved at a later date, all I need to do is update the database of shortcuts, and the .do file will still work appropriately.

--Nick Winter