Re: st: how to avoid absolute path names in do-files?

From   Christian Hunkler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to avoid absolute path names in do-files?
Date   Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:10:32 +0100

I would recommend using a master do file, that defines the directory and
that starts your other do files (command line then is "do analysisX.do".
That way you get an quick overview of all your recoding or other data
manipulation jobs and analyses.
For defining the path you can use it as well. Or you create a path do file,
e.g.:

path.do
******
[clear
capture log close]
cd "D:\pathinfo..."
exit

and in each of your analysis files you just start with "do
d:/pathinfo/path.do".

What also might come in handy is using a profile.do file: Stata executes
all commands in that file (eg. a change directory command), when it is
invoked, and if it finds the file (therefore it is best stored in the
C:/ado directory (or in another defined ado directory - see adopath command
for defining additional ado directories).

Best,
Chris

***
Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universit�t Mannheim
[email protected]
0049-176-24543728