Re: st: Problems with updating

Subject   Re: st: Problems with updating
Date   Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:58:16 -0500

At 09:42 AM 3/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:
I've reinstalled STATA after rebuilding my computer. Running
-update all- from version 8.0 in Windows, I get this error message:

        downloading linestyle-p#line.style
file http://www.stata.com/updates3/ado/linestyle-p#line.style not found
server says file temporarily redirected to
http://www.stata.com/error/404.html
r(601);

Does anyone else have problems with this? Is there a workaround,
so that I can tell Stata to ignore this file? There is a lot to
download, and I'd rather not do it manually.
As Allen McDowell has pointed out, there was a bug in the initial release. Update the executable first. Solution:

update executable
update swap
update all

-update all- should then be ok in the future.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]