Re: st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman

From   "Santos, Maria Emma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:48:17 -0600

Dear Renzo,

Thank you for the advice. The problem is that after excluding iterate (0) the
iteration log keeps showing "not concave" messages...

Maria.

Quoting Renzo Comolli <[email protected]>:

> Dear Maria:
>
> Get rid of the -, iterate(0)- option. It is blocking the optimization
> process.
> -, iterate(#)- blocks the optimization process at # regardless of
> convergence. By blocking it at 0, you basically see the intial values.
>
> Renzo

> ----
> *From   "Santos, Maria Emma" <[email protected]>
> To   [email protected]
> Subject   st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman
> Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:11:10 -0600

> ----
>
> Hello!
>
> I am using MLE Heckman procedure with standard errors corrected for
> heteroskedasticity and clustering, with the options iterate(0)  and
> "difficult".
>
> I get estimations but it says: "Convergence not achieved". My question is if
> the
> fact that convergence has not been achieved makes the estimations
> unreliable.
> If that is the case, what should I do to try to improve estimations?
> I have tried dropping some variables but still convergence is not achieved.
>
> Also, I haven't been able to use the Heckman two steps procedure because I
> need
> to weight the variables.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice on this issue
> or
> at least some reference where I can get information.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Maria.
> Santos, Maria Emma
> Vanderbilt University