st: Re: Getting the table corresponding to -histogram-

Subject   st: Re: Getting the table corresponding to -histogram-
Date   Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:23:07 -0500

You can load the data that underlies the graph by using the serset command.

histogram .......
serset use
list

you will see tempvar names with one variable listing the centers of the bins and another listing the density (and another to keep track of something else histogram apparently needs to know about each bin). You could rename them something useful and save it as a Stats dataset.

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:11 PM
Subject: st: Getting the table corresponding to -histogram-

Dear Statalist,

If one types
. histogram var1
And var1 is continuous, -histogram- takes it upon itself to find a nice
number of bins and widths...
Is there any way to get the underling table that -histogram- generates?
Or is there an easy way to generate the same table with the little info
provided?

I use version 8.2

P.S. I have the nagging suspicion I already asked this question, but I
checked to avoid double-posting and it looks like I did not.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Renzo Comolli