st: re: inserting GE sign

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: inserting GE sign
Date   Tue, 15 Mar 2005 06:40:00 -0500

Allen said

I have assumed that
"greater than or equal to" cannot be inserted in a
plot as outlined, at least fo(r) windows.

The last phrase is the key: it appears quite straightforward in Mac OS X, using the Character Palette:

twoway qfitci mpg weight, stdf text(35 2040 "this * that", place(e))

works just fine, where the * is replaced by that character. If I leave that character in the email message, Statalist refuses to accept the message (I have tried twice), but take my word for it, there is such a character available in Stata's default font.

Kit

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics
http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

*