st: RE: ss# imports as scientific notation

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: ss# imports as scientific notation
Date   Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:26:02 -0000

The FAQ advises among other things

"Statalist is an international list. Please explain details
that may make sense only in your own corner of the world."

In this case, the question evidently concerns U.S.
Social Security numbers, knowing which helps a bit
in understanding the question.

While I'm at it, a similar reminder, please:

"Many questions will be of interest to only some
Statalist members. Always recall that members come
from many different sciences. Try to show a little
sensitivity to those noneconometricians,
nonbiostatisticians, or whoever it may be who may know
little about your question. Flag your question as of
limited interest, so that people can delete it quickly,
or take the trouble to avoid subject-specific jargon."

Robin Newberry