st: RE: Replace string

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Replace string
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:54:47 -0500

Robin-

Use function subinstr(s1,s2,s3,n), which returns s1 where the first n occurrences
in s1 of s2 have been replaced with s3.  If n is missing (.), all occurrences are replaced.

Thus if your field is called -datefield-:

  replace datefield = subinstr(datefield,"00", "2000",.)

Tom

Thomas J. Steichen
  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any  attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential,  protected by the attorney-
client or other legal privileges, and/or  proprietary non-public
information.  If you are not an intended  recipient of this message or an
authorized assistant to an intended  recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and  then delete it from your system.  Use,
dissemination, distribution,  or reproduction of this message and/or any of
its attachments (if  any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and
may be unlawful.