st: question about generating distributions (cauchy, poisson, chisq, etc)

From   Dana Chandler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question about generating distributions (cauchy, poisson, chisq, etc)
Date   Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:24:28 -0600

I really like stata, but find it very difficult to generate variables
from various distributions except for the simple ones like the normal
and uniform.

I've consulted the reference manual, but it too isnt that helpful. I'd
be interested in generating chi square, poison, and cauchy densities.
Are there any programs or examples of do files that can do this?

Or is there a way to program in pdfs and then get distrubtions from that?

Thanks