RE: st: RE: Imputed Missing Values with Uvis

Subject   RE: st: RE: Imputed Missing Values with Uvis
Date   Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:00:13 -0500

At 11:36 PM 2/24/2005 +0000, Nick Cox wrote:
No doubt this is what is often
wanted. But the help for -uvis-
is explicit:

Note that uvis will not impute observations for which
a value of a variable in xvarlist is
missing. Only complete cases within xvarlist are used.
I still find that unclear and not what I would expect! I agree that it cannot and should not impute observations when one or more x's have missing values. But, it should not be imputing in the first place if y is not missing, it should just plug in the observed value of y. As it stands, the program can actually create more missing data than was there in the first place. I suspect this is an unintended design flaw; at least I cannot think of any reason why you would want it to behave this way.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]