RE: st: printing correlation coefficient > 0.6 after pwcorr

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: printing correlation coefficient > 0.6 after pwcorr
Date   Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:08:38 -0000

I guess that you want abs(r) > 0.6, not r > abs(0.6).

Either way, in addition to canned commands, note that the double
-forval- technique used by Ronnie in another thread
offers an easy direct solution. Given that you
have put the correlation matrix into a Stata matrix
(at least 3 ways to do that), you need a loop
something like

forval i = 1/10 {
	forval j = 1/10 {
		mat foo[`i',`j'] = cond(abs(foo[`i',`j']) < 0.6,.,foo[`i',`j'])
	}
}

which can be automated as desired.

Fred Wolfe

> I think the program used to do this in its earlier
> incarnations. However,
> you can use -corrtab- which will do this for you. ssc install corrtab.

Ronnie