st: simple question on using stset

From   atobias <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: simple question on using stset
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:12:45 +0100

Hi Allstaters,
I've a simple question when using stset. What is the main difference
between using time0() or enter() options to declare the date of entry
in a cohort. I've tried both options and I got the same answer. Also
most courses or documents uses time0(), but the Stata help says "...is
rarely specified because most datasets do not contain this
information".

Lets imagine that for each subjetc I've date of entry (doe), date of
exit (dox), failure (f), and date of birth (dob). Which are the
differences between:

stset dox, failure(f) time0(doe)
stset dox, failure(f) enter(doe)
stset dox, failure(f) time0(dob) enter(doe)
stset dox, failure(f) time0(doe) enter(dob)

Cheers,
AUR.