st: Turn Displayed Result into a Matrix (dataset)?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Turn Displayed Result into a Matrix (dataset)?
Date   Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:13:44 -0500

Hello all,

I am sorry this may be a stupid question, even though I still couldn't quite figure out how to do it.

Basically, I would like to transform the results from -pwcorr- into a set of variables or a matrix in the Stata memory, how can I do that? To be more specific, suppose I ran pwcorr var* and I get the result as follows:

. pwcorr var*

             |     var1     var2
        var1 |   1.0000
        var2 |   0.1225   1.0000

How on earth can I put the result, i.e.,

1.0000   0.1225
0.1225   1.0000

into a set of variables or a matrix?

Thanks a lot for your help!