st: RE: Heckman Selection Model: How to deal with missing observations?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Heckman Selection Model: How to deal with missing observations?
Date   Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:45:59 -0000

I don't think it makes much difference what
your models are. You have a choice with missing
data between living with them and using some
method to impute non-missing values, after
which your model may show improved performance,
but you should worry how genuine that improvement
might be. Thus neither approach is problem-free,
but there is an enormous literature on the matter
and some Stata implementations of imputation methods,
among which -impute-, -hotdeck- and -mice- spring to mind.
-findit- will give further pointers.

Quang Nguyen