Re: st: Fwd: How to interprete dummy variables used for missing values

From   Alan Neustadtl <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: How to interprete dummy variables used for missing values
Date   Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:56:03 -0500

It would be easier to help you if you could show us an examnple model
that you want to estimate and indicate which variable(s) are dummy
variables.  Seeing a dependent variable and at least one or two
independent measure would be helpful.

Having said that, if you regress a continuous measure on a single
dependent dummy measure, the result is simply a difference of two
means t-test.  The two means being compared are the mean of the
dependent measure vor the group coded zero compared to the mean of the
dependent measure for the group coded one.

Best,
Alan