st: Number of observantions in each of the cells of an N-Dimensional Array

From   "Julio Estevez" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Number of observantions in each of the cells of an N-Dimensional Array
Date   Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:03:48 -0500

Hi everyone

I am interested in ranking and displaying the number of observantions that are present in each of the cells of an N-Dimensional Array.

For example if I have a 2x3x2x5 array I have 60 cells each of them having a number of observacions. I need to list all of them showing first the most populated cells. For low dimensional arrays i may just use tabcount amd count the values. However for higher dimensional arrays this may be cumbersome.

Is there any command in stata that can do that? If not, can somobody help me programming it? Pushing my luck a little further... I will need to do this expanding the observations according to some weighting factor.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Julio

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

*